Saturday, April 01, 2006

Parallels Part 2

After making everyone feel horribly depressed with my last couple posts... I have good news... but first I have a story for you...

Have I ever told you how D and I met? My last post focused on how my parents met... well D and I have a similar incident but no I was not drunk, did not steal a boyfriends car and did not end up in a ditch with D towing my butt out of it. So there are two ways to look at how D and I met... I choose the second... He always mentions the first.

I count our second meeting the one where we end up together as our first... D counts the original meetings when we were 16 or 17... he has a picture he can prove that we met. I on the other hand do not remember him.

I know that's horrible. I have no recollection of meeting him. At the time I assume I was so "in love" with a boy or so "busy" being a teenager that I was just too self centered to notice him. He says I was perfectly nice, but "andy's girl" or "clayton's friend." Both of these things are true. I'm in his senior year book... he sat at the table I did when I went to prom with Clayton... and I have no memory of him. Still feeling slightly guilty about this... I really felt awful when I was shown the picture that we're in together... I'm such a knob for not remembering him. But in my defense he looked WAY different back then than he does now... he was scrawny back then... and his hair was weird.

Anyways today marks a special occasion... 3 years ago today D showed up at my house... we'd been emailing back and forth talking about a mutual friend. We had plans to celebrate this mutual friend's birthday which was the 1st. I of course had to work that night, but we'd all go out on the 2nd.

So... 3 years ago today D knocked on my door... and fell into my life. I didn't know it at the time that we'd end up together. I thought hmm he's kind of cute. I like his eyes. I hope he takes good care of Chance while I'm gone.

We talked, I gave him a key to my house so he could go out and about and still be able to get back in and off I went to work. Leaving someone I had emailed and talked on the phone with alone in my house with my dog... Fortunately D came with good references or I wouldn't have allowed him to stay at my house.

I may have viewed D initially as a fling... Shhhhh don't tell him that - though since I usually suffer from diarrhea of the mouth I'm sure I've probably disclosed that to him as well (I think on the first date!)

Stay tuned for the details of our second day this is where things get interesting...

1 comment:

Marz said...

ooohhh....
I can't wait to hear the rest.....