Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Many things...

I don't think I ever told the story of how Squeaker weaned... but yes he finally did. I'm not ashamed of how long of a nursing relationship we had, but I will always remember our last nursing session. It was the night before Peanut was born.  On July 26, 2011 was his last nursing session.  I nursed Squeaker for an awful long time and finding a way to wean was a hard thing for me to do. I tried many things, but this was a boy who just couldn't figure things out... until his sister was born. After we came home from the hospital - I didn't offer, but if he tried I was planning on not refusing. Fortunately he didn't ask and I didn't offer. So it was a lot less traumatic than I anticipated it would be. I have no idea if I'll nurse Peanut as long as I did Squeaker, but it will be whatever her and I decide it will be. I have no shame for how long we nursed, though I don't advertise it to be honest. If asked then I answer the question. Most of my coworkers know that I nursed him for so long, but only a few have asked about it. The one thing I regret is that I don't have a picture nursing him... even when he was younger. Peanut has a nursing picture.

No comments: