Wednesday, December 16, 2015

He's Here

Sorry to have dropped off the face of the earth...  Things have gone well, other than gestational diabetes, NST's and my physician falling through a scaffolding which left him out of commission for 12 weeks during my pregnancy.  I did end up coming off work early due to contractions.  My c-section was scheduled for 11/23, but as with Squeaker the best laid plans have a way of going off the rails.  My water broke (again a trickle not a gush) on 11/20.  It took me a while to figure it out.  Fortunately I told D before he left for work and then had to explain everything to Squeaker and Peanut.  We left for the hospital only to get tied up in rush hour traffic.  Which was not a big deal as I was having contractions, but nothing awful at the time.  Once we arrived we were checked in, met with the nurse practitioner who confirmed my water had indeed broke and then slowly started the process to get everything ready.  We went from triage to labor and delivery and by that time I was dilated to a 2 with contractions every 3 minutes.  Go time was supposed to be 8 pm.  Unfortunately being me that was held up by a weird antibody in my bloodstream that made cross matching me difficult.  So we waited and I contracted and things were getting a bit more uncomfortable.  At 9:45 pm we went to the OR and magically my spinal was placed with 1 poke.  At 10:15 pm Finn Thomas arrived, with beautiful apgars and a healthy set of lungs.  7 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches long.

He is beautiful and my heart aches for him.  We still don't have a great nickname for him, but we'll get there.

Life is complete.

No comments: