Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dentists...

I'm sorry - I've been quiet. It's because I have been at work of course and also because trying to find a healthy and happy mix of what to write on this blog for me is a challenge. My life is fairly boring (stop laughing - it's my "normal" to have 6 dogs running around so it is "normal" for me.) and the puppies while growing are probably the best behaved of the bunch. Lola - the one who brought the GI bug into the house is still being blamed for first Pepper (pup) and then Blue (pup) getting whatever it was that she had... so far there are 2 dogs that do not have the bug - we can hope/pray etc that that will continue to be the case as seriously it's hard to see your dogs having to poop so frequently though the antibiotic and other medicine decreased the frequency and length of time we had to deal with it.

In other news - D and I had our 6 month dental cleaning - while mine was fine... D has 6 cavities he has to have filled... he's not thrilled. Today found him in the dental chair. We have an appt next week for more and then he'll go back again in 2 weeks. He set up this appt at the same time as our hair appt. I have not had my hair cut since October... I dropped D off at the dentist and went to see our gay hair stylist. We love this guy - he's fabulous and does a wonderful job. He works us in and I've been seeing him for about 4 years now. D for 3. S and his boyfriend are back together and that is wonderful. We're happy for him and happy that he's happy. He's on a gay bowling league and the stories he tells of that are hillarious. Once he realized that D and I were fine with him being gay and he had nothing to be ashamed of out he came. I spent the first year debating is he or isn't he when I went to him until I finally asked. I try not to make assumptions about sexuality, who's married or related to whom, and a few other things because I've been burned before. So... this afternoon while D was enduring the pains of the dentist I was being pampered by S... when asked what I wanted done I said - Do whatever you want just don't cut my hair as short as yours or D's. He laughed and I took off my glasses and he went to town. I left with a shoulder length bob type thing and I love it. He took about 2-2.5 inches off. Next time I see him will be for a cut and color. I've been meaning to color my hair, and well it just hasn't happened. Now I have an appt in May.

In other news I have screwed up the dates/times of a couple appt's. Dentist appt - thought it was first March 8 at 3pm. Had called and asked and they had said March 28 at 3 pm. Went on March 8 at 3 pm because I found a post card with that date and time. Well that postcard was actually from last year rather than this year. So we went last week. Scheduled my ob appt for a day when I'll be at a conference. Appt is now rescheduled for next week on Wednesday. I'm batting a thousand at this point. I fear what appt I'll screw up next.

I also received a phone call to notify me as well as a postcard that the first part of the quad screen came back "good" what that means I have no idea, but I assume that means our risk of trisomies is low. Spot - that bastard continues to play in the playhouse and while we've tried to figure out how to beat that into submission have not come up with a solution. Spot is truly a pain in the ass and I'd like it to go away for once.

So... dentists, dogs, appointments... that's about all I got for now. Yes - we've made it to the 2nd trimester... it's a wonderful thing and every day is a blessing... we're still cautious. Still happy... still us.

4 comments:

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I have been hoping that you would give us an update. Glad to hear that all is well! And you are a courageous and gentle soul for dealing with six dogs. My 1 yr-old Aussie Shephard puppy is a handful and six of him would make me crazy....

beagle said...

A boring pregnancy is a good pregnancy!

Sorry about D's return trip to the dentist though.

millie said...

Yay for good news on the quad screen. That's awesome. Here's to many boring times ahead.

S&C said...

Yay for the quad screen. I dont know what that means other then to ass it is good.
And yay for you going to the dentist. I hate dentists and really need to get my butt in the office before i have 6 cavities.