Sunday, August 31, 2008

What A Year It Has Been...

A year ago Squeaker came into our lives and we haven't looked back. Looking forward our future is bright and happy and filled with this laughing, giggly, bowl of joy.

Having a baby does change your life. For the better. Infertility may have left scars, but they are at the moment scarred over and thought of infrequently and late at night generally when I'm looking at my son's sweet head and thanking my lucky stars.

Life truly is beautiful. Happy Birthday Squeaker... may this year be better than the last for you... may you continue to grow and challenge us and make us smile down to our toes. You are the best thing that ever happened to me.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Squeaker! I can't believe a year has already flown by.

DinosaurD said...

You made me a little weepy Sami and I'm so glad that things are going well for you.

Here's to Squeaker! (And I love his chubby little thighs)

DinoD

Plant Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Squeaker!

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

A little bit belated, but still worth saying... Happy Birthday, Squeaker!

Kath said...

Happy, happy birthday, little Squeaker! What a cutie you are, and what a wonderful difference you've made!

DD said...

What a year it has been...! Happiest of Birth Day's to all three of you.

While he continues to grow so quickly, his face really does look the same as when you brought him home.

Tiffany said...

How VERY sweet. Happy Birthday. I wish that someday, I too can over come this struggle we share. You and little Squeaker are the hope.