Monday, December 12, 2005

Cue the laughter... and hand me some Kleenex...

Have I told anyone about my absolute love of the Trans Siberian Orchestra? Well if you haven't listened to them then you need to. For the last 4 years I have gone to a concert during the Christmas season and seriously even when in the pissiest of moods it has turned my frown to a smile - reminded me why I'm a total pollyanna and why I think that ultimately there are good people in the world. This year the concert was on Sunday. My husband arranged to have the night off from work - after going to his awful Christmas party I seriously needed this concert. So Tuesday around noon found us driving across the state with our 3 dogs back to our house, where he asked... What time is the concert? My response 8 pm I think. I grabbed the tickets out and our tickets said... 2:30 pm. I had bought tickets to the matinee concert rather than the night's performance. This wouldn't have been a big deal if we had realized this at 8 a.m. rather than at noon and weren't 2 hours away from the arena with 3 dogs in the car. I started crying, threw my sunglasses and started mentally beating myself up.

Now... I know I could have spent an extra 90 dollars to go to this concert, and if the tears would have really flowed once we got home - I'm pretty sure Dan would have made the call and gotten us front row tickets. However my own guilt about being the cause of missing the concert, combined with my period showing up really just sent me into a tail spin. I would have had instant gratification by seeing the concert, but horrible guilt over making that big a dent in our checkbook... Yes we could afford it, but there are other things we need more then spending 90 bucks on concert tickets when I had already spent that money on them in the first place. So we didn't go. I spent the night curled up in the fetal position with a puppy dog on all sides of me and the blanket pulled up over my head. (This is how I cope when depressed!) Dan didn't know what to do to make it better and to him (aka Mr. Tightwad) spending the extra 90 dollars was not ever an option.

So today found me going to my customer service class... Which was 3 hours of my life that I will never get back... And I learned the 3 A's... Acknowledge, Apologize, Amend... And never use these two words... "Can't" and "policy" if someone wants to smoke - which is against policy for patient's to leave to go smoke... We need to say... "We are very concerned for your safety and if you leave unsupervised bad things could happen and we don't want that." Whatever...

I also emailed my doctor for my new clomid script... I am thinking of taking it on days 3-7 so this will all start tomorrow... The nurse asked me to mail a copy of my chart to them... I started laughing hearing the message... He didn't even want to look at them a couple months ago when I brought them in concerned about a luteal phase defect, but now when he doesn't even tell me that I should chart he wants to look at it... So I'm emailing the website that has all my charts and telling him to have at 7 cycles of charts...

And here's 2 icing on the cake tidbits... First - one of my bf called crying - she wants to leave her husband and wanted me to come up with 1 good reason for her to stay with him... I admit I couldn't do it... He treats her like a slave - she works 80-90 hours a week asks him to clean the house and the house is trashed... He can't make it in on time to work... He just can't seem to grow up. I told her she would have to look hard at herself, their relationship and talk with him... I know total cop out... But I can't tell her what to do all I can do is support her in whatever she decides.

The second tidbit is that in a previous post a couple months ago I mentioned Dan's cousin who had been charged with csc... the jury is finally in and he's getting a year in jail. I am ecstatic about this as we (meaning both Dan and I) were fearful that he would just get probation. I think that Dan's family is of course going to take this news hard, but for the child this occurred to I am so very thankful that he received punishment as her innocence will never be given back and I'd like him to pay for the rest of his life for that. This also pushes back the timeline of when we have to tell the in laws that we can't be around him at all - ever, under no circumstances as they haven't quite gotten to that point yet...

So that's the scoop from here...

No comments: