Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Doctor's offices...

Okay so after spending last week waiting for my lower abdominal organs to explode or implode on themselves... I had to play phone tag with my doctor's office and of course - my doctor didn't call me on Thursday as I was told he would... and the on call doctor just kind of scratched his head and wanted me to get an appointment with my doctor... sure no problem. So off we went to the doctor... but here's some prior things that occurred on Monday...

I think all of you would have been thoroughly impressed with my response to this... (mind you you all know I've been talking to my office since last week and had to practically force myself on them for an appt tomorrow) well... I peed on an hpt (why) well I have 75 and why not - I wanted to see if they had gone negative... well they were still positive so I called to ask if my doctor would like me to get another beta drawn...

First nurse - Suzy Sunshine - Says... well that's encouraging that it's still positive...
Me - Uhmm no.. not really
Suzy Sunshine - well horomones are known for doing weird things...
Me- (the one who's worked 12 hours and now wants to go to bed so she can work 12 more) - while I can appreciate your optimism... I'm going to hedge my bets and be realistic that this is most likely a nonviable pregnancy and hope that this is not an ectopic. I'd be ectastic if I'm proven wrong, but I'll go with my gut on this one...
SS- We'll give you a call and let you know what your doctor wants...

11 a.m. Call back from office
Me- yep that's me what would they like me to do?
Doom and Gloom- We would like you to have a beta done today.
Me- that's not going to happen as I've had 2 hours sleep and must work again tonight.
Doom and Gloom- Well don't you want to know what's going on?
Me - yeah that's why I called. I'll get the test done in the morning after work.
Doom- Well what if it's a molar pregnancy.
Me- Just so you know I'm a nurse and the likelihood of this being molar is pretty darn slim as the hcg's are minimal.
Doom - well what if it's ectopic? (thrown down like a trump card)
Me- That's a closer possibility, however no one seemed too concerned about this last week and where better to be than a hospital with a level I trauma center and trauma surgeons who know and love me... and just so you know... I have no symptoms of an ectopic (other than freakishly low hcg levels)
Doom - Well fine, but I think you should have these done immediately...
Me - I gave her the number of the lab and said goodbye...

Talk about polar opposites... Fortunately my sense of humor is intact and while i would love to be pregnant with a happy and healthy pregnancy I recognize that my doctor apparently needs to figure out what keeps causing this... my vote is a luteal phase defect... but I'd really rather avoid the whole endometrial biopsy... but that's just me.


So today - Hubby and I go to the doctor... this is mind you the first time my husband has ever been to the doctor with me. So he comes back and initially he wanted to check out all the cool gadgets that were in the room... I'm like sit in the corner and quit farting around. So doctor comes back and thinks this is a "chemical pregnancy" can we all wipe our foreheads... He's like if you don't get your period in 3-4 weeks then call and we'll figure this out. We're going to do the endometrial biopsy next month as well... so fun fun fun we'll be having here next cycle...

So the witch needs to show up in full force and get her ass in gear over here as we'd like to get this baby making project back on the road.

No comments: