Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Girl Who Cried Period?

So what does this mean... well it means yes I thought I had my period... and yes I still took a pregnancy test after 2 days of said period... and it came up with... a line... a line I might add that my husband was able to see... though he did say "It's very very very faint." He apparently has not heard the a line is a line is a line... line. So... we wait... we wait for what?

A sign from the heavens that this indeed a pregnancy? No... we wait for Sunday when we've both decided since it's our anniversary it must be our lucky day right? We'll take a digital pregnancy test. In the mean time... I have 3 pregnancy tests and a bunch of cbfm test sticks... wonder how many times I can pee and see lines... seriously would love to know if the cbfm works on the digital test as that would be way too cool... DH has hid the digital tests so I cannot pee on them while he sleeps... he's got them... I don't so no peeing on a stick without him... the torture!!!!

Anyways now that you all are laughing at me... I seriously hesitated to post this news as a) I was starting to feel like the girl who cried period... this is the 2nd time I've tested after getting what I've thought was my period only to find a hpt with a line... so while I am educated and do know how to read hpt's this is why we're going with the digital on Sunday... and b) I'm quite freaked out about previously mentioned spotting... so if I denied there were lines then I could hold off on calling a doctor about getting a beta... if Sunday rolls around and it indeed says "pregnant" then Monday means calling my doc and getting them to call in a beta test to the local yokel hospital... As many know I'm at my mom's house which is in the middle of nowhere... so I sincerely hope they know what the heck test I'm asking them to do... and it also means the anxiety of is this in the right spot... which to be truthful I'm not looking forward to...

What I hope is that a) this is a pregnancy and b) the spotting stops and c) that the fertilized egg landed somewhere in my uterus... because the other option of another tubal really really really freaks both hubby and me out... to the point that he's staring at me going "I don't know if you are pregnant, but if you are it darn well better be in the right spot this time... and if you are listening little embryo that means you better be in the uterus... and none of this whining that it's dark you can navigate..." While most people would find this funny - this just leads me to roll my eyes and reassure him that we couldn't be that freakish... which he then reminds me that yes... yes we could be that freakish... so he's a little bit freaked out... okay maybe a bit more than a little...

So the moral of this story is... we seriously appreciate any and all prayers for a bean in the uterus and a sticky one at that... we'd really like to not have a repeat performance of the fallopian tube monologues... which is now the name of my formerly known as ectopic pregnancy back in June...

So stay posted... We'll know more tomorrow... early afternoon... unless of course I wrestle those digital hpt's out of my dear husband's hands on our anniversary and pee on them before he makes me wait any longer than he already has...

No comments: