Thursday, November 24, 2005

I am thankful for...

First off let me just say mother nature is not being kind to this house, she has put down a buttload of snow and so now my mom is unable to drive here and neither is my sister. I am sad about this. Primarily because my mom is now alone for Thanksgiving and that is the LAST thing I wanted to do to her. We'll probably go back to my mom's tomorrow to hopefully cheer her up. Things like this always remind me that family is important.

So as this is my first year blogging I'm going to focus on the things I am thankful for. Here's my list...

1. My husband - he is the best, he totally gets me, loves me unconditionally... TOOK A SICK DAY so that he could come have sex with me and clean the house... put the enormous Christmas tree up (when he hates big trees) and didn't complain a bit that I slept for like 10 hours yesterday. I am a very lucky woman who has a wonderful husband. He has not once said lets not keep trying or it's your fault during our multiple miscarriages... in fact he's found other people to blame - you know random cousins we don't like just to make me smile.

2. My mom - never thought I'd write that one, but truly she loves me and loves my husband and even though she drives me nuts sometimes she's there for me- she doesn't totally get this whole infertility thing, but she tries.

3. My friends - I have 3 wonderful girlfriends in real life - there names are Amanda, Margaret, and Marcelle... each I know individually and each brings a special amount of fun to my life. Amanda has supported me through this whole infertility thing by being there and educating (introduced me to ff and charting) and by pushing me to find answers, she's been happy for me when I've gotten my positives in spite of her own difficulties and that takes class, and she's been there for me when I've gotten the crappy beta news. Margaret - has offered the use of her uterus if needed - her's is proven as a hospitable environment... and while her life is chaotic - she means well... Marcelle - the bitch left me by going to another unit, but boy am I ever happy to see her when I can... she understands what I'm going through even though she's not trying to have a baby- they are tentatively trying soon though and I am so geeked that maybe somehow we can end up pregnant together...

4. My dogs - Chance, Ernie, and Lola... bring tremendous joy to my life and lots of warmth and kisses... in spite of the feces and urine that occurs I wouldn't trade them for the world.

5. My health - in spite of an in hospitable uterus - I am fairly healthy (couldn't be all those vitamins I take?)

6. My house - while it still at times seems like there needs to be an exorcism performed I love my house it fits me...

7. My online friends - Delanie, Jenni, Jen, Christina, Alicia I've only known you for about 6 months now, but boy am I thankful for your support, friendship and advice... you all have helped me to find a way to keep going through all this even when truthfully I didn't think I could. I'm very lucky to have found a group of women that are intelligent, compassionate, and comical...

There's more stuff to be thankful for but these are a few of my favorite things... So go enjoy Thanksgiving and remember what You are thankful for!

No comments: