Friday, May 19, 2006

What's Cooking?

Not a lot going on for me... but I find myself reading everyone elses blogs and wanting to pummel someone if I was given the opportunity. I almost took that opportunity this morning with a doctor on the phone... I also when I saw him almost said "Why did you have to be such a jackass on the phone?" I didn't... want to know why? He had a bunch of med students standing around him - not a good time to make the doctor aware of his inadequacies as a man and a doctor. It was close though... and by close I mean I had to bite my tongue...

ESPECIALLY when he had the audacity to ask why a certaiin group was taking over rather than the trauma docs... lets see YOU were the jackass that called them in because you had NO patience? Now you're regretting this because that service doesn't do well with fresh complicated surgical patients with only one kidney that normally have blood pressures 160's... they wrote no paramaters for blood pressure and wanted me to get rid of the meds that were bumping her pressure up.. gee uhmm not so good. He was livid this morning and he wasn't so thrilled with nursing's response to his outrage. We finally looked at him and said "We didn't consult them YOU did if your panties are getting in a knot it's not our fault." We did this of course out of hearing from the residents and med students... it's just bad form to take an attending out at the knees in front of them...

Anyways so can everyone tell I'm back to work??? Yep with a bang... D leaves to go back to the other side of the state... I've placed an order with a coffee company for about 6 boxes of kcups (that equates to 150 cups of coffee to 300 cups of coffee depending on strength of the coffee) and as for the massage I think that's a no.. the last time I took him for a massage he complained about it for 2 days that it had screwed up his back so not a good possibility. Video games are always up for grabs as are some shirts and maybe the thing he has been covetting the most other than coffee - sandals. We're pretty low key I hate surprises so I already told him about the coffee. It was worth it. The look on his face was that of sheer glee...

I hate to feed the addiction to caffeine, but I figured if I bought a bunch of beer then I was just sending him on the path to alcoholism... (just kidding D doesn't drink very often and at most it's 1 -2 beers a week... the lush) I on the other hand have made him into a consumate bar tender he can make a mudslide, sex on the beach, chocolate martini, and sangria with little effort... now if he could only learn how to make a long beach iced tea we'd be all set.

Lola is better now thank goodness... the tagamet seemed to do the trick. I had forgotten that tagamet is used in severe allergic reactions (the IV kind of course) and knew that tagamet was safe for puppies because Chance had had to take it when he was on steroids before... so we started giving her that and while it could be a combination of things... She's away from the hay, it's a couple days out... all the other stuff is working... we think the tagamet did the trick. Only has a few spots that still look inflamed. Apparently it could take as long as 2 weeks to fully heal. So D is going to have to take her out on a leash and long lead if he wants to let her play and romp with her brother Ernie... He's also been searching for a shirt/coat that would cover her chest, belly, etc so she could play without worry... no such luck nothing covers the belly... just the chest. Anyone crafty???

1 comment:

Marz said...

Glad to hear Lola is doing better.

As to surprise for your hubby, I'm terrible at keeping them too. I usually make him guess & he usually does then I get mad that he did, lol.