Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Locusts So Far...

Well so far I haven't seen an infestation of locusts so we must be doing something right.

The next two nights will suck... I had a class this morning and will be working tonight. I will also be working tonight. I'm doing tonight so that I don't have to work Friday... I know paranoid, but truthfully even with good news on Friday it would stink to work all night Thursday night have my appointment in the morning (I think that's when it is) and then have to drive home get enough sleep to be able to function at work on Friday. So a kind person switched with me.

My mother will be going to the visitation and funeral for my aunt and giving my condolences to my Uncle Howard. I'm going to make arrangements to see him within the next few weeks. I assume he'll be living with my cousin as truthfully I wouldn't want someone that was 95 living alone anymore - but call me crazy. My mom will then also be coming up to babysit the puppies while we work.

Trying to reign in my mom is like well trying to wrestle with a wet noodle. She hasn't quite figured out that the more she talks about things that the more withdrawn I get. We're going to have to have a talk this weekend about that. Low key is what I'm going for right now... mellow is another way to look at it.

Ultimately we're taking one day at a time and hoping for the best... isn't that really all that you can do?

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Sorry about your aunt! ((hugs))

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

S - Thinking about you, hoping your appt went well today. As it turns out, we're in GR - on your side of the state! - this weekend. Wish I could have planned better to take you to lunch or something...