Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nuchal schmucal...

Nuchal was 1.4 mm... apparently that's good. Bloodwork has been sent and another specimen will be done at the next appt. I don't know when I will get the results. I'm truthfully not even sure how they work this all out to give you your results. I'm amazingly enough flying by the seat of my pants with this one... Granted the "not negative" chose to be scrunched up for part of the test so that involved me rolling to one side, then the other, bouncing and so on... fun times.

My doctor said "well everything looks good" and of course no clue as to where the bleeding came from... He looked at me as if I was supposed to jump up and down or something... I finally caved and said - it's not that I'm not excited. It's that even for my wedding I didn't really believe it was happening until the day of so this is not unusual for me to plan as if all will go well but be prepared for the worst. Then we went over my familial history which sucks - loss at 26 weeks for M (sister), losses at 18, 24, 32 for my mother, and then a loss at 34 weeks for my aunt so yeah uhmm if I hadn't grown up with that knowledge I'd probably be like every other pregnant woman he sees who is "happy" and "excited" So he also missed Dan muttering "SHHHHHHHHH it might hear you and then vacate the premises" in regards to the "everything looks good"

Can't tell that there's still some open wounds from the 2 years of trying... nope not at all.

D asked when he could tell his parents that they could tell others and I replied - "lets just have them wait until the "not negative" is born and have it be a surprise! He shook his head and said that wasn't very nice. I thought it was... apparently he lost his sense of humor today.

Yes - 2 years is how long it has been since we started trying. I meant to post something about it after my post about my dad and instead I chose to leave the post up about my dad longer. It felt right. Both are hard anniversaries... and while as of right now things are fine here in "not negative" land... the battle scars from this war are still there, maybe not to the naked eye, but they're there.

In dog news - lets see last we heard Lola had diarrhea and 2 pups had UTI's... now we're at Lola gave Ernie diarrhea and the 2 pups are finally completely vaccinated. Lola and Ernie have been started on some meds in the hopes of preventing a wildfire spread of whatever it is that they have. One of the puppies may have a home - keep your fingers crossed. I will post more news in regards to that as I can.

So so far so good... and of course NBHHY

7 comments:

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am very glad that everything looks fine, and I understand your hesitation about letting yourself getting excited! But maybe as the pregnancy progresses, you can let yourself believe that you will have a little one. All those BFNs leave you with a belief that it will never happen!

Maribeth said...

I'm hopeful, Sami. I think things are looking up. (Still holding breath).
Good luck with the dogs. If two of mine had diarrhea, I'd shoot myself! LOL

A said...

I'm so glad your NT went well! 1.4mm is awesome! I think they want anything under 2.5, but under 2.0 is even better, so 1.4 is beautiful! So far, so good, right ;-)

DD said...

I had the same problem as Kath. Weird.

And now the bright shiny moment of brilliance I had then is long gone. I'm sure it was bright.

And shiny.

Just so you know, I'm still here.

Plant Girl said...

Will continue to hope and pray that the streak of NBHHY continues and the damned spotting ceases...

battynurse said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog from a link on another. I wanted to say that I really enjoyed your post about your dad. I'm a member of the club and it really does suck. I also can relate to your mention of a 7 dog home. I had 5 cats for a while in 2005 and that more than anything convinced me that I would likely never end up being the crazy cat lady. Hope that the bleeding is over and that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.

beagle said...

It all sounds good: NBHHY is a great mantra!