Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dogs - what ya gonna do?

Ernie escaped...

He had the audacity to escape from his kennel while we were at the dentist's office. Since his kennel is in the basement... which has not yet been organized. I know I know I've lived here for a year, but come on with all the driving I do back and forth there just hasn't been any time, motivation, ambition, etc to do it. He proceeded to devour a box of weight watcher lemon creme 1 pt cakes (the cakes, the wrappers, the box), a box, some plastic, etc etc...

We found out exactly how much crap he ate approx 5 hours later... it wasn't pretty. However he also didn't tell us that he ate chocolate. Dove milk chocolate hearts with pretty pink and hot pink wrappers. I can't eat dove chocolate now... THANKS ERNIE... my diet thanks you... I however am not so thrilled.

After the initial panic we thought we'd have to take him to the vet to have his stomach pumped etc. However for the milk chocolate to be toxic to a dog Ernie's size he'd need to eat about 80 lbs of it... I may like chocolate but he only ate half a bag... so we were good. Poor dog felt miserable for a day or two... I thought it was justice for the fact I had to clean the carpets. Okay so hubby did it, but still I bought the carpet cleaner right?

1 comment:

DinosaurD said...

Ernie - "bad dog, bad dog" (if he was sick enough perhaps he'll think twice next time?) I love that he ate the wrappers - I miss having a dog but my husband has allergies so it's a no go here.
Good luck on the cycle.
DinoD