Sunday, June 25, 2006

How to Miss a Family Function?

Without telling the complete truth...

D told his parents the other day the reason why we would not be coming over for birthdays in Grandma's garage was because of the D/C. While this does hold some truth in it, and no I wasn't fit company yesterday and barely today I could have made it through it if I had to. He also instructed his parents not to tell anyone about the d/c. We asked this because truthfully we didn't have to tell his parents, but we did, the extended family who are worthless do not need to know. Anyways..

D didn't want to go, I didn't want to go... and rather than saying that he used the d/c as the reason why we would not be attending. I told D one of these days you're going to have to be honest with them. He said "I'll take care of that when I have to."

So today found my in laws coming over for dinner at my mom's house.

My mil didn't ask me any questions in regards to how I was feeling etc. My fil as soon as my mom and mil went into the house and D and I were outside with him... he asked "How are you doing?" "Do you want a chair to sit down in, are you sure you're okay?" It was sweet. D even chuckled, because well my fil isn't that much into emotion or touchy subjects like that and he was practically doting on me. He asked though and was beet red, but he still asked.

D and I talked with him at length about it, and explained the possible causes, and that it was a good thing that my body held on for as long as it did, since my progesterone is and was such a large problem.

D took over the explanation of what happened including the having to pull over twice for me to get sick. FIL was surprised because well... D doesn't do puke real well.

So now we just have to get rid of the occasional awful cramps and the nausea and I'll be all set. Phenergan and vicodin are a wicked combo. D said that today was the first day since Friday that I looked human and had color... I'll take that as a compliment or should I just go hit him with a pillow?

6 comments:

Maribeth said...

Not exactly a good way. ;~) I think fil was cute.
I hope you're feeling even better today. It is a tough go.

Plant Girl said...

I'd take it as a compliment although color is such a subjective term w/ you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the nausea and cramps, Sami. You have been through the wringer, and I hope that you feel better soon. You're in my prayers.

DinosaurD said...

Hi Sami
I'm sorry about all the nausea (and kudos to D for hanging in there).
Hopefully things are better from here on.
DinoD

Marz said...

Oh Sami, I just read. I am so sorry for yet another loss. You are a strong woman to still want to go on & keep ttc after this. One of these times it will happen for you, it has to!
Sending you huge virtual (((HUGS))))

K said...

I have been reading your blog for about a week now and in that time I have gone back and read everyone of your posts and also started a blog of my own. As someone who is battling this as well, I know how difficult it can be. I just wanted to tell you that even though we don't know each other you are in my thoughts.!