Monday, December 18, 2006

As promised - just a day late...

Below you will find more puppy pictures to melt your heart.

Brown is doing much better... D came home and fed him puppy formula while I was at work and after 4 syringefuls the little guy was stuffed... and apparently the blood sugar perk made him decide it was time to PLAY... and play he did. With everyone, gnawing on his brothers and sisters. I made D get up at 2 a.m. and then at 5 a.m. to check on Brown and D found him back to his old self - nursing like a champ. When I weighed everyone in yesterday Brown had gained a whole 5 ounces overnight... so yeah he's back to his baseline.

I also found out that we'll be doing a limited registration on the pups. So they'll be registered. This is good news- maybe this is how we'll help to finance whatever fertility treatments we may have in our future. I will be honest I'm a dog lover. (I know all of you are shocked by this news) I never realized Meghan was a show dog - I found that out the other day when I was looking at pictures of the breeder we got Meg from. There she was being shown or at least if the picture would have loaded we would have seen her in action so to speak. One of the women who has been helping us find homes for the pups and gave us the whelping box also told us that her daughter would show Meg if we wanted to do that... I'm not sure how I feel about that. It would require us not to spay her and would then leave open the possibility of having more puppies in the future. I think D and I will have to talk about that. Though I do notice that Meg kind of thrives on the attention so to speak that a "show" dog gets. Yes - she's a bit of a diva.

We did do a test run of Chance and Meghan together to see if the animosity is gone... it is. However we're being cautious as poor Chance is 10.5 years old and is significantly smaller than Meghan. So supervised visitation is all that's being allowed right now. Lola still wants to get in and lick the puppies - however we're not allowing that. The pups currently weigh more than what Lola did when we first got her. She was 2lbs 2 oz... most of these guys at 3 weeks are already over 3 lbs.

As for the reproductive front - we're awaiting the arrival of af. I'd like it to get the proverbial show on the road... My monitor sticks are being shipped as we speak. Other than that nothing to really say except... Enjoy the pics. Will try to post more tomorrow.




3 comments:

OHN said...

Would you think I was totally weird if I told you that I would love to sleep in that box cuddling puppies all night? They are so freakin adorable!

Maribeth said...

They are adorable. You know I still have my mattress in the puppy room and I sleep next to the whelping box at night. I listen to their mewling cries, and I pat them when they get upset and Mom is gone. I can hardly wait for their eyes to open.

Brandy said...

I am in LOVE with your puppies!! They are just way too cute for words.