Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dodged a bullet...

That's certainly how it felt when I read the message on a bulletin board...

No blockages...

That's a great thing... what that doesn't give us is an answer as to why my friend had a heart attack at a young age... what that means is off with the bcp's that she had started and that she's probably quite a bit freaked... I don't blame her. I would be too.

But... right now I feel as if we dodged a bullet. My friend is here. She'll be able to hug her son tonight when she goes to bed... give her husband a kiss as well... and those are beautiful things. It reminds me that there are worse things in life other than not having a baby... it would suck to not have that friend. That doesn't mean I don't want a baby because hello... Of course I want a baby... but I would never want a baby more than I want my friend and her family to stay whole.

As if drama wasn't the cup of the day at the casa del quatro canine's... another friend is apparently on the preeclamptic breech baby watch fest... Don't these people know that I have enough crap to do during the end of my two week wait that seriously fretting about them is just going to cause my GERD to flare up. So bloodtests await... hopefully flipping occurs (on the butterball's own rather than with the help of medical intervention) and hopefully the pressures come down... Until then I have the quatro canines with their paws crossed and looking angelic... for both my friends because these are great ladies and I'd like a) answers for one and b) some gestational positivity for the other one...

I so don't make sense when I've been up working all night with children... This is of course the end result...

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

I'm just trying to keep your mind off of the pee sticks and blood draws. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes right now. They are certainly needed.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sami, I'm so sorry I've been absent for so long -- I had to go cold turkey for weeks because of work, and I feel horribly guilty about it. I'm fully caught up now, though, and wishing you oodles of luck for your 2ww.

I'm so glad your friend is better. What a horrible shock. And I hope your pregnant friend does better soon too.