Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Postage Stamp

"Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there."
– Josh Billings

Maybe I'm a postage stamp and I just never knew it... I think it sums up the last 19 months don't you? I like that analogy more so than the one where I'm furiously banging my head against a wall over and over and over again.

I think my husband would probably refer to me as a dachshund that is searching for food... they never give up if they smell it. Or at least mine don't.

Did anyone else watch the Today show when they had the segment on surrogacy? I cried. The entire time. I also was so overwhelmed by the thought of that nurse offering herself up as a surrogate. A friend of ours has offered to do this, but I think in Michigan surrogacy is well... not legal or at least all the information I've found online says it isn't. I'm just not there yet either in my thoughts or feelings about it to say - lets try that. Besides what if it's just me and my crappy eggs as the problem rather than me and my crappy motel mattress uterus? Then surrogacy wouldn't fix it. You can read Meredith's blog about this subject here I also learned that she suffered from RPL as well... so that makes her one of us. I for one have always liked her when I watched her so I'm glad to see that she's bringing infertility and pregnancy loss to the morning show. I think this is one way to have our voices be heard and in a positive light.

Today is October 15th a day to remember Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance day I know that I do not need a special day to remember my losses, but it's nice to know that there is a day set aside for just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its hard to know what the right path to take is. Maybe you are beating your head against the wall, but maybe next time they'll try one thing different that will be THE thing that makes it work. That's why this is so hard- its like a gamble every time, and how much are you supposed to gamble with your body, your finances, your sanity?